- Welcome message from the instructor
- Basic Training Program Overview & Notes
- Intro Survey
- Join the Naturally Fit Facebook Group
- Week 1 Overview
- Basic Training Session 1: Warm Up
- Basic Training Session 1: Skills - Get Ups
- Basic Training Session 1: Combo Workout
- Session 1 - Downloadable PDF
- Week 2 Overview
- Basic Training Session 2: Warm Up
- Basic Training Session 2: Skills - Crawling
- Basic Training Session 2: Combo Workout
- Session 2 - Downloadable PDF
- Week 3 Overview
- Basic Training Session 3: Warm Up
- Basic Training Session 3: Skills - Lifting & Balancing
- Basic Training Session 3: Combo Workout
- Session 3 - Downloadable PDF
- Week 4 Overview
- Basic Training Session 4 Warm Up
- Basic Training Session 4: Skills - Jumping & Hanging
- Basic Training Session 4 Combo
- Session 4 - Downloadable PDF
- Basic Training: Complete!
- Resources & Next Steps
- Exit Survey
Do I need gym access for the program?
It's up to you! Train at the gym, train at home, or train outdoors. The gym offers a wide selection of training tools. However, most of the "equipment" can be acquired relatively inexpensively or found in the immediate environment.
What equipment will I need?
At minimum, you'll need: a mat or cushioned floor space, 2-3 weighted objects, a balance beam (2x4), and a hanging / pull-up bar. Natural Movement is all about context. Additional equipment or outdoor environments may enhance the training.
Is this course recommended for beginners?
Beginners are welcomed. The movements and intensity are easily scaled for all levels. However, some previous experience in fitness, yoga, sports, or active living is recommended in order to get the most out of this course.
What movements are covered in the course?
The course focuses on foundational elements of Natural Movement including: ground patterns, crawling, balancing, lifting & carrying, throwing / catching, hanging, and jumping.
What's included in the course?
The course consists of 4 full-length Natural Movement practice sessions. Each session is broken up into 3 video guided practices - warm up, skills, and combo workout. Each practice session comes with a breakdown and weekly training plan.
How long does a practice session last?
You can expect a full practice session will take about 60-75 minutes. You may choose to break these practices up. Each piece of the session (warm up, skills, combo) can be used as a stand alone session or a shorter "movement snack".
What kind of results can I expect?
Results will vary depending on your starting point and frequency of training. With consistent training, you can expect significant improvements in your general mobility, balance, core strength, and athleticism. Simply put, this course will help you boost your movement IQ.
Can I perform this program alongside other trainings?
Absolutely. It's all about how you manage your stress load. If you already have a dedicated fitness or sport practice, you can follow these videos and train at a lower intensity for restoration and supplemental skill work.
I've heard of MovNat, how is this different?
I've been teaching the MovNat methodology as a Team Instructor since 2012. This course is inspired by MovNat and I strive to bring my unique approach and presentation to the subject matter. This is a great preparatory program for anyone looking to attend a MovNat immersion event or become a MovNat Certified Trainer.